Terms & Conditions
2020 Genius Awards Excellence in Marketing Analytics Contest
1. Who is Eligible? The Contest is open to both Brand Marketers (who are ‘client-side’) as well as any business entity that does marketing analytics on behalf of their organization, other than Vendors, Suppliers and Agencies. Agencies and vendors are permitted to submit a Genius Awards entry on their brand client’s behalf. The Contest is void in territories prohibited by applicable sanctions programs or subject to embargo by the United States (including but not limited to Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria) and the province of Quebec. Membership in the Association of National Advertisers (“ANA”) is not required to participate in the Contest.
2. Nomination Process: A brand marketer must be nominated. Anyone can nominate a marketer (including the marketer itself). After being nominated, a marketer must create an account at www.geniusawards.com. An individual authorized to act on behalf of the marketer may make the entry submission for the marketer.
3. What is Eligible? Marketing analytics programs that ran between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019.
4. Key Dates:
- Entry Period: Between March 5, 2020 and July 7, 2020. Entries STARTED by June 29, 2020 have until July 7, 2020 to finish
- Finalists announced at the ANA Data & Measurement conference: September 23-25, 2020
- Winners announced at the ANA Masters of Marketing conference: October 20-23, 2020
5. How Do I Enter? Between March 5, 2020 and July 7, 2020 navigate to www.geniusawards.com and follow the on-screen instructions to create an account. Once you’ve created your account, log in to select the category you wish you enter.
You have three (3) options on how to submit your entry:
(1) Complete answers to all the questions that are associated with that category. You are encouraged to upload photos, videos or examples of data that support your entry.
(2) Submit a video of up to three (3) minutes. The video entry should describe the problem/challenge/hypothesis, followed by the solution, including what tools were utilized. Finally, list any results that can be shared.
(3) Entrants may submit BOTH written responses AND video.
If your campaign website is live, please be sure to include the URL.
The four (4) categories are:
- Marketing Analytics Growth
- Marketing Analytics Adoption
- Marketing Analytics Innovation
- Marketing Analytics Storytelling
You may submit your marketing analytics program in all four categories. However, you can only submit once per category and can be recognized as a winner in only one category.
Foreign Language Entries:
All foreign language copy must be translated into English. Clear translations must be provided for all work not written in English. Broadcast entries may be dubbed or subtitled in English or include a complete written translation. Local idioms that may not be understood in the U.S. must be explained. Entries not accompanied by translations and/or explanations will not be judged. Submit translations electronically via upload with the official entry form.
Submit images in any of the following formats: PDF, GIF, PNG, or JPG
Submit audio files in .mp3, .mp4 or .wav, or Windows Media Audio (.wma) format.
Format: Apple QuickTime (WMA/WMV files are not accepted.)
Codec: ProRes 422, H.264, MP4. M4V, or uncompressed MOV
Resolution: 1920x1080 or 1280x720 for 16:9 format; 1440x1080 or 960x720 for 4:3 format. File should be at least 100MB per 60 seconds of video.
6. Entry Requirements & Restrictions: There is no fee for Contest entry. Agencies and vendors are invited to nominate their clients and work with them on their submission materials. With written permission, clients can allow their agencies to create a submission on their behalf. In this case, the client must provide in writing that they understand their responsibilities if/when they win/become finalists. Participating brands can recognize their agencies and vendor partners in their submission materials. Each Submission must comply with the requirements detailed above and herein. Entries must be written in English and suitable for presentation in a public forum, in the sole determination of Sponsor.
7. Contest Judging: A blue-chip panel of marketers, academics and other industry leaders will review and judge entries as follows:
a) Judges will score responses to each of the four questions based on the criteria on the submission form.
b) These individual scores are then combined to create an overall score for each entry.
c) All judges’ scores are totaled, and the highest scoring entries will determine the finalists in each category.
d) Judges meet to discuss the highest-scoring (finalist) entries and vote again to select the winner in each category.
We understand the proprietary nature of your analytics projects. There is no need to offer up specific details about your proprietary methods. Additionally, you are welcome to use directional numbers or other approximations that represent achievement without compromising sensitive information.
There is no requirement or need to disclose confidential information. Numbers and labels can be altered to preserve confidentiality. As part of our judging, we may request to follow up for verification from a senior officer of your company. While the judges and Sponsor will endeavor to keep all submissions confidential and there is no need or requirement for public disclosure of any information submitted, neither the Sponsor nor any judge undertakes any obligation of confidentiality, and you specifically acknowledge that any information submitted in your submission may be disclosed to other ANA members during recognition ceremony to be held during the ANA Masters of Marketing and ANA Data & Measurement conferences.
By entering into this Contest, you (on your own behalf, on your company’s behalf, or on your client’s behalf) agree that all decisions of the judges are final and non-appealable, and hereby release the Sponsor, Administrator, and all judges from any and all claims and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to the Contest.
8. Finalist Videos: A video interview of each finalist company is required and will take place from late July-mid-August 2020. Video participants should include the CMO (or other comparable senior marketing leader, but not less than a Vice President level) and key analytics team members.
9. Event Attendance: At least one representative (VP or VP+) from each finalist company must attend the ANA Data & Measurement conference and ANA Masters of Marketing conference in order to be recognized. ANA will provide each finalist company with one complimentary registration. Travel to the ANA Masters of Marketing conference is not included. Additional registrations can be purchased.
10. Prizes: Four (4) Grand Prizes, one (1) per Category – each Grand Prize winner will have the opportunity to nominate a 501(c)(3) charitable organization to receive a pro rata portion of a $100,000 donation made by Neustar. Any nomination will be subject to Sponsor’s discretion and verification of the organization’s tax-exempt status. If no eligible entries are received for this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right not to award a Grand Prize.
11. Publicity: By submitting an entry to the Contest, you (on your own behalf, on your company’s behalf, or on your client’s behalf) hereby authorize Sponsor to use your corporate branding elements, solely in conjunction with marketing or promotional efforts relating to this Contest or future contests of a similar nature.
12. Sponsor: Neustar Inc., 21575 Ridgetop Circle Sterling, VA 20166 USA
13. Administrator: The A Team LLC, 1441 Broadway, New York, NY 10018 USA